First Meeting of the All Saints Neighbourhood Forum
First Meeting of the All Saints Neighbourhood Forum to take place on:
13th September 2017 in the Workspace (All Saints Road) at 6.30pm.
Residents and local business representatives particularly welcome.
Please confirm your attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org or via 01902 877530
What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
- A Neighbourhood Plan sets out planning policies for the neighbourhood area. Planning policies are used to decide whether to approve planning applications.
- It is written by the local community, the people who know and love the area, rather than the Council.
- It is a powerful tool to ensure the community gets the right types of development, in the right place.
- Local people can create a plan that allows them to develop planning policies that reflect the priorities of their area and have real legal weight.
- The whole community then decides at a referendum vote whether the local authority should bring the plan into force.
Since January 2017 there have been 3 neighbourhood planning preparatory workshops in All Saints and a working group comprising residents and local organisations has emerged.
We are now at the stage where we need to widen engagement and establish a Neighbourhood Forum, which is a group specially set up to create a neighbourhood plan.
Neighbourhood forums need to have at least 21 members.
ASAN would like to invite residents, local businesses and community groups to join with us to take forward Neighbourhood Planning in All Saints.