ASAN Enterprise Development Manager
Job Description and Person Specification
Salary Band: Starting at £30,000
Location: All Saints Community Centre and ASAN enterprises
Closing date: Wednesday 16th June (11.59pm)
Interview date: W/C 14th June
ASAN is an established, forward-thinking and ambitious social enterprise and charity whose vision is to improve the quality of life for people who live and work in the All Saints area of Wolverhampton.
We seek a high achieving manager with sound financial and commercial understanding to manage our wood recycling business, our office and conference complex and develop new business. You will need to have an outstanding work ethic with a positive and can-do outlook. You will be part of a high-performing senior management team in driving forward ASAN’s ambitions and objectives. This post will require some evening or weekend work.
Apply by sending your CV along with a one-page suitability statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to ASAN, The Workspace, All Saints Road, Wolverhampton, WV2 1EL
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete an ASAN job application form. Further details on this post can be obtained by contacting Shobha Asar-Paul (ASAN Chief Officer): Shobha.AP@asan.org.uk
Responsible to: Chief Officer
To grow all aspects of the organisation with particular managerial responsibility for Wood Saints and Workspace enterprises. Ensure the effective delivery of ASAN’s charitable objectives and strategic goals.
Develop successful social enterprise and training and employment opportunities in All Saints and wider.
To manage, protect and develop ASAN’s built assets
- Support continued growth and evolution of Wood Saints and Workspace enterprises and develop new initiatives that support ASAN’s on-going viability and resilience.
- Have managerial responsibility for staff, particularly in the first instance, Workspace and Wood Saints staff. Undertaking staff management, supervision, appraisals, staff training and development.
- Responsible for marketing and identification of new business opportunities and managing marketing campaigns and events.
- Responsible for developing digital and web- based services and solutions.
- Work proactively to look for innovative opportunities where ASAN can gain value, income, influence, savings, etc., through working with external partners, developing models of best practice to deliver entrepreneurial systems and practices.
- Provide regular and timely performance updates and operational data for the Chief Officer, Board of Trustees and other stakeholders, to ensure plans are on track and any corrective action identified.
- Work in a manner that facilitates inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice and as a member of SMT, role model a positive, agile, flexible and can-do attitude that supports ASAN’s values and principles.
- Responsible for estate and facilities management as well as Health and safety practices and procedures across the organisation.
- Development of the business plan with the CO for approval by the Board with performance and financial reporting against Business Plan tasks.
- Develop and implement a volunteer strategy across the organisation ensuring Wood Saints in particular has a strong, effective and diverse volunteer base that enhances delivery objectives.
- Undertake and manage bid-writing or submission of tenders with the aim of securing funding and income in delivering ASAN’s goals and objectives.
- Work with SMT and other colleagues in managing ASAN community festivals and other events that contribute to ASAN’s mission and objectives.
- Work seamlessly across the organisation ensuring practices supporting good governance, business efficiency and collegiate working are embedded and championed.
- Lead on GDPR compliance comprising operational procedures and appropriate documentation.
- Be flexible and work weekends or outside office hours as needed.
- Undertake operational duties as required in order that business delivery is provided consistently and not compromised.
- Other duties as commensurate with the role and as requested by the Chief Officer.
E-essential D-Desirable AF- Application Form
|Qualifications||Degree or equivalent||E AF|
|Health and safety at work qualification||D AF|
|Valid driving licence||E AF|
|Experience of estate/ facilities management or working in the construction sector.||E AF/ Interview|
|Highly IT literate||E AF/ Interview|
|Experience of implementing health and safety at work||E- AF/ Interview|
|Experience of managing staff to deliver outcomes and performance objectives||E AF/ Interview|
|Skills and knowledge||Using financial data to make decisions/ recommendations||E AF/ Interview/|
|Able to lead/manage business development including finance and operations||E Interview/ Test|
|Highly IT literate||E AF|
|Excellent verbal and written communication skills||E AF|
|Understanding of challenges faced by charities and social enterprises||E Interview|
|Knowledge of sales and marketing strategy||E AF/ Interview|
|Managing multi-disciplinary teams||E Interview|
|Track record of managing funding bids||D AF|
|Ability to manage business development processes including finance and operations||E Interview|
|Personal qualities and attributes||Self-motivated, solutions-oriented and flexible
|E Interview/ Test
|A commitment to working to the values and principles of the organisation||E Interview|
|Can-do and positive attitude||E Interview|
|Highly organised, demonstrating attention to detail||E Interview|
|A commitment to working to the values and principles of the organization.||E Interview|
|Weekend or out of office hours working as required||E Interview|