ASAN Wood Saints Drivers Mate and Depot Operative
ASAN Wood Saints is an exciting and innovative community business which is part of All Saints Action Network (ASAN). At Wood Saints we deliver employment and training opportunities through using and re-cycling waste wood from landfill.
We are looking for a part-time Drivers Mate and Depot Operative to work with the Wood Saints Driver in collecting waste wood from construction sites, businesses and households across the Black Country and wider afield. You will assist in the delivery of wood and wooden products and other general tasks supporting the up-keep and smooth-running of the wood depot.
A CSCS card-holder is required and manual labour is key to the role.
The successful candidate must be a hard worker and a team-player who will play an important role in a fast-paced, demanding environment. If you can do this and ensure highest possible standards of customer interaction we would love to hear from you.
Responsible to: Enterprise and Development Manager & Wood Saints Supervisor
Salary: £17,375 (pro-rata)
Hours of work: 3 days per week with some flexibility needed to work outside of core hours when required.
Please send a CV with a covering letter on how you meet the requirements of this job to email@example.com
Closing date is Friday 7th May.
- Job Description Specific Duties:
- Support the ASAN Wood Saints driver in safely collecting “waste” timber from construction and other sites, sorting and grading the wood collected. Undertaking a product delivery and collection service.
- To load and unload vehicles taking due regard of health and safety and construction site regulations. To load waste wood and products ensuring efficient use of space in the collections vehicle.
- Maintaining excellent working relations with existing customers and building relationships with potential new customers
- Exercising entrepreneurial initiative to identify and secure new wood collections, maintaining excellent customer relationships throughout thereby supporting business development and growth.
- To market and promote the Wood Saints and the waste wood collection service to new and existing customers. Support any additional sales and marketing activities
- Support the roadworthiness, cleanliness and appearance of vehicles and equipment. Undertaking vehicle checks as instructed.
- Follow and advocate for health and safety practices at all times.
- To follow all administrative procedures including those relating to completing and issuing waste transfer documentation and delivery of products.
- To be responsible for any cash handling as required.
- To support with all depot requirements, in particular the “look and feel” of the Depot, contributing to an organised, safe and efficient space.
- Be involved in audits and quality checks
- Support and assist volunteers or trainees as required
- To undertake his/ her duties in a way that respects the values and principles of ASAN.
- Demonstrate and be committed to equal opportunities and all other ASAN practices, policies and procedures.
- To participate in training and self-professional development to ensure that necessary skills, knowledge and understanding are kept up to date.
- To support the process of social accounting undertaken by ASAN
- Working as part of the team to ensure the Wood Saints community enterprise achieves all set financial and social objectives and targets
- To support ASAN enterprises and undertake such other duties which may be fall within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/ grade of the post defined
- Person Specification
The person specification identifies the key skills, knowledge and experience required for this post.
|A full, clean UK driving licence
|Knowledge & Experience|
|Excellent team working skills||Y|
|Health and Safety aware||Y|
|Ability to solve problems creatively||Y|
|Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills (both face to face and on the telephone).||Y|
|Good verbal and written communication skills||Y|
|Good numeracy skills||Y|
|An understanding of confidentiality||Y|
|Strong organisational and time management skills.||Y|
|Attention to detail and record keeping||Y|
|Ability to work flexibly as part of a team to meet the needs of the service||Y|
|Some experience of the building trade and working on construction sites||Y|
|Personable and approachable with strong relationship building skills.||Y|
|physically fit in order to assist with heavy lifting and manual handling.||Y|
|High level of motivation and enthusiasm||Y|
|Honest and reliable||Y|
|Able to work with minimal supervision||Y|
|To be proactive and self-motivated and possess the ability to use own initiative.||Y|
|Ability to work under pressure in sometimes difficult and pressing circumstances.||Y|
|An interest in environmental and social issues||Y|