ASAN Business Support and Facilities Supervisor
Job Description and Person Specification
ASAN Business Support and Facilities Supervisor
All Saints Action Network (ASAN) is a charity and community business that works to improve the quality of life for people who live and work in the All Saints area of Wolverhampton.
An exciting opportunity has arisen which is at the heart of our organisation. This is a key role in helping us develop and improve our managed workspace and other ASAN services. Directly responsible for the effective running of ASAN facilities and Workspace operations in line with legislation and ASAN standards, you will want to be part of a positive and dynamic team, get stuck into operational duties and ensure your team achieves high performance and pride in their work.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills with good IT knowledge and sound administration skills are essential for this role.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Please complete and send a CV by Wednesday 9th June (11.59pm) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure endorsed by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Salary: £21,000 to 21,500 p.a. Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Responsible to: Enterprise and Development Manager with dotted line responsibility to the Finance Officer.
Under the direction of the Enterprise and Development Manager:
- Ensure the effective operating, running and maintenance of the ASAN estate, particularly the Workspace site and conference centre.
- Ensure effective operating of the managed Workspace and Southside enterprises.
- Effective operation of the café and catering service.
- Provide high quality customer service to visitors and tenants.
- Provide business support to the Chief officer and Senior Management Team as required.
- Supervise and be responsible for facilities and business support staff in ensuring business practices are delivered to an excellent standard.
- Responsible for marketing and communication of ASAN and contribute to the delivery of income targets and other performance standards.
- Ensure compliance with fire-safety, health and safety and other legislation and standards.
Duties and responsibilities
Estates and facilities
- Responsible for the monitoring, management and improvement of the processes that support the smooth, safe, efficient, and compliant operation of ASAN facilities, supporting Senior Managers in the delivery of business objectives.
- To preserve the venue to a high standard, deal with bookings and manage the maintenance of the building and associated sites.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of contractors, ensuring work is completed satisfactorily and following up on any issues.
- Develop and maintain all necessary documentation associated with the functioning of the Workspace facility, including but not limited to contracts, warranties, Standard Operating Procedures, maintenance schedules etc.
- Maintain compliance with all fire, health and safety and related procedures and regulations.
- Ensure delivery of a first-class conference, café and catering business including set up, refreshment ordering and clean-up.
- Assist with management of record keeping and billing for conference bookings and office lettings.
- To support the Enterprise and Development Manager to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and good practice.
- Deliver an excellent front of house and exceptional customer experience for all internal and external customers and that all activity delivered is of the highest standard.
- Support the Community Hub and other duties related to ASAN’s community and social objectives such as Community Festivals.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Workspace staff- including caretakers, cleaners, catering and reception/admin staff. Under guidance of the Enterprise and Development Manager support the planning, direction and prioritisation of duties.
- Support staff supervision, training and development.8. Ensure a can-do, positive and entrepreneurial culture that delivers on ASAN’s ambitions.
- To provide a wide range of administrative and business support to the Chief Officer and management team.
- Support the whole organisation as with facilities and business support as required.
Marketing and promotions
- To ensure the updating of ASAN’s web- sites and social media content and delivering proactive marketing and communications that promote and increase the take-up of ASAN services.
- To be able to deputise in the absence of the Enterprise and Development Manager.
- To assist in the implementation and upkeep of Health and Safety issues in the workspace.
- To develop and implement effective systems and processes
- To undertake such other duties which may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities /grade of the post defined.
- Commitment and compliance to Equal Opportunities and with ASAN’s policies and procedures.
- Participating in ASAN’s social accounting process.
- To act with integrity and professionalism in a way that upholds ASAN’s values and objectives.
- To work outside office hours as needed
- Support fund-raising and development of funding bids
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and responsibilities.
|Skills, Experience & Qualifications||Essential/Desirable
|Relevant level 3 or above qualification suitable experience may be considered as an alternative)||E|
|Record of continuous training and development||E|
|Administrative experience working in a busy environment.||E|
|Ability to maintain accurate records.||E|
|Ability to remain calm and work effectively under pressure Good IT skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Flexible approach to a variety of work||E|
|Experience of working as part of a team||E|
|Experience of working in a service industry environment||D|
|Experience in working in a multifaceted environment||E|
|Proven ability to identify and promote ways of improving customer service delivery||E|
|Knowledge of the All Saints area||D|
|Effective communication skills, both verbal and written||E|
|A polite efficient manner particularly when working under pressure||E|
|Excellent organisational skills||E|
|Willingness to work flexibly and ability to work outside office hours||E|