Early Years Practitioner required
ASAN All Saints Day Nursery requires
Early Years Practitioner
Term Time only-
All Saints Action Network Ltd (ASAN) is currently looking for 2 Early Years Practitioner to work in our OFSTED registered Day Nursery
The successful candidate must be qualified to level 3 or above in Childcare. Experience is desirable.
POST: Early Years Practitioner
Scale/Grade (£7.83 per hour, rising to £8.21 from April 2019)
Job Purpose: To work within the childcare services in the Workspace
Responsible to: Nursery Manager
Location: All Saints Nursery
- To work in partnership with a professional, highly motivated and inclusive team as part of the All Saints Nursery
- To be flexible on a day to day basis in providing high quality childcare support for the All Saints Nursery
- To attend and contribute to staff meetings (when required), engage in staff development and keep up to date with current childcare issues as instructed by the Nursery Manager
- To assist with planning, preparation and delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) providing appropriate range of activities including organising and preparing all materials used for social training, physical development and educational experience
- To supervise children in an inclusive, stimulating and secure care and learning environment that helps to develop their full potential.
- To support young children in learning and developing skills in personal hygiene; e.g. washing and toileting routines.
- To ensure a warm and welcoming approach to parents/carers, that encourages their participation and involvement in the day to day activities.
- To develop positive relationships with parents/carers, and develop their understanding of how their child learns and be sensitive to their needs.
- To maintain a clean, healthy and organised environment.
- To nurture positive relationships with children ensuring their emotional well being and developing their confidences and self-esteem.
- To share responsibility with colleagues for creating a provision in which all children can interact and develop fully; intellectually, physically, socially and creatively through play.
- To undertake observation, assessment, monitoring and record keeping of children’s learning and development using a variety of methods, to inform planning. To use the 2simple programme to support Children’s observations.
- To work closely with parents/carers to create and develop open and inclusive working partnerships which support the development of their children.
- To promote inclusive attitudes and practices to accommodate and support the diversity of the local community.
- To work with other professionals in order that the needs of children are met effectively
- To participate in ensuring compliance with ASAN policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding Children, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- To participate in social accounting activities of the organisation
- To undertake such other duties, which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties/responsibilities and grade of the post.
Download Application Forms:
Alternatively, contact The Workspace, All Saints Rd, Wolverhampton, WV2 1EL (01902 877 530 / firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application pack.
For an informal conversation about the role please speak Raj Tour, Nursery Manager, on 01902 877539
Closing date for applications is strictly: 21st January 2019