ASAN’s study visit service offers you a chance to meet regeneration and community development professionals, see our projects at first hand and at the same time experience new creative ideas when attending these insightful tours around ASAN.
ASAN has been operating as a community enterprise for over 16 years. This period has seen us grow from a small project run by volunteers to a nationally recognised social enterprise with a flagship community asset (The Workspace serviced office and conferencing facility) and an income made up almost entirely from trading income from our successful enterprises in the areas of car parking and sports facilities.
What do our study visits cover?
The visits are tailored to meet your needs of interest and depend on what type of projects you wish to visit. We can offer you a visit based on one theme or a variety of themes. Remember the study visits are for you to get the information you need and will be able to put into use and practice anything you feel is relevant to you.
Our study visits are for anyone with an interest in their community. You could be a community development worker, leader of a voluntary group, council worker, student or volunteer etc.
- to share our approach with others in a reflective learning environment with the aim of exploring the transferability of our experience into other contexts
- to build a body of shared knowledge and networking with which to influence and shape policy discussions
- to generate a surplus from providing the service thereby contributing to ASAN’s economic sustainability and supporting local employment opportunities
Our study visit service will generally be of half-day duration, though precise arrangements can be negotiated to suit your requirements. A typical study visit to ASAN will include:
- presentations on key themes including an introduction to the history and principles underlying our approach, opportunity for discussion to explore transferability into specific contexts
- tour of projects and a general question and answer session with key staff. This is useful for individuals or for groups looking for general inspiration and ideas. provision to tailor the visit to meet any specific requirements
(Final cost to be agreed after discussing particular requirements)
|Groups up to ten people||£485|
|Groups of 11-20 people||£795|
Please note these charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate
Organising study visits allows us to generate income, which is vital to the future sustainability of our organisation.